Saturday, March 7, 2009

iPhoto '09


I don't think I've mentioned the new upgrade to iPhoto to any of you who are Mac users out there. I got it a few weeks ago and although I was a bit mad at it at first (it blew away the tags I had on my photos in my library - NAUGHTY iPhoto!), but now I just love it! I works seemlessly with Flickr. Only one thing wrong with that - I've blown through my allotment of free uploads for the month already (and it's only the 7th). Yikes! I guess I've have to upgrade to Pro now. Geez... And the face recognition technology that it uses it fantastic. It looks at your photos and recognizes everyone in the photos once you put one of the names into the photo. It needs help with a few, but it is amazing. I even use it on my dogs, although it doesn't seem to work with them so well. LOL ;-)

Today it is raining cats and dogs. We are supposed to get several inches of rain over the next two days. I need a boat, not a car. Good weekend to stay home and work on art, right? Like I need an excuse... still making cards. I just love the Stampin' Up set, Bella's Blossoms. Very eclectic posies with versatile sayings to boot. What's not to like about that?

Another note: I just love the article that Beryl Taylor has in the latest issue of Cloth Paper Scissors about working with metal. I will be trying that for sure. If you've read my blog you already know I'm a big fan of Beryl's work. She will be at the Make it University at the International Quilt Festival in Chicago in April. If you are in the area, I highly recommend it. It is so much fun and you get so many ideas for projects. The shopping is fabulous!

rdw

No comments: