
I know I said I would try to keep this as cheerful as possible, but today that is just not going to happen. This week, our beloved dog, Guinness, suddenly became dreadfully ill. Our vet tried for a couple of days to diagnose what was wrong through x-rays and blood work, to no avail. Yesterday, his condition rapidly deteriorated and he was admitted to the local emergency veterinary hospital for dehydration, pain management and to try to figure out what was happening to him. They knew he was anemic, but there was no apparent source of blood loss. Within a few hours he endured many blood tests and an ultrasound test, but at around 1 a.m. this morning, his big heart could take no more. Little Buddy, you are so missed by me, Marc, Jac and Bean. We regret most of all that we did not get to say goodbye to him... At least we know he is at peace with his Grandmother, Dyna. She will take care of him.
Photo credit to: Pet-Personalities.com. Guinness was happiest of all doing his agility. I want to thank Janet McKallor Beck for bringing Guinness (and Dyna) into my life. He lived life to the fullest in his short 10 years and 10 months.
Peace,
-Roberta



2 comments:
Oh, hun, so sorry for your loss. We lost our oldest doxie a year ago December, so I know its a big hole of sad that will be raw for awhile. Thank goodness that with modern veterinary techniques they just fall asleep. I always tried to think of that and remember that my Sheila never knew what hit her but a delicious nap and relief from the pain and poking. You'll be in my prayers. {hugs}
I'm so sorry
I lost my dog Bluto last year, He was a black and white Shih-Tzu. Even though my house is full of critters, I still miss my little guy. It is amazing how a such a little thing can work his way into your heart and your life.
Post a Comment