Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy Blogoversary to... ME!

Yes, another year on the web - this is year six for me.  If this is your first visit, welcome! If you've been here before: welcome back! Please leave a comment. I do love to see where you are all from. It's amazing to see all the different countries that visitors are from - when my (free) NeoCounter is working, that is. It appears to be broken again right now. LOL! So far I've had visitors from 41 countries. The internet makes the world seem so much smaller, doesn't it? Hopefully, it makes our differences seem less and our common interests will help bring us together. If you've not been to visit the Quilted Cavalier before, let me just explain that usually I have a bit of crafty art for you, typically a card, but sometimes something more. Creativity is my way of relieving stress and it is through my blog that I get to share with you all what I've made. I sometimes also share other things I find along the way in life, whether it be music, cooking, gardening or other passions in my life.

On to the fun! I've mentioned in my last posting that I discovered Waltzingmouse Stamps (thanks to Julee at Verve Stamps). Today Claire, the founder of Waltzingmouse Stamps, announced a weekly sketch challenge! Yes Claire, I am tickled with delight about this! I love sketch challenges.

I am still into distressing. (Maybe it's the ultimate paper crafting way to relieve stress?) Anyway, I love the look... although I know it's not for everyone.  I am anxiously awaiting Beryl Taylor's Magical Metal workshop next weekend - most definitely a lot of distressing will happen there. Actually, she's the one who told me that distressed ribbon, such as how I did on the rick rack here, always adds that special touch. And this coming Friday is the Altered Surface Charms workshop at the Bead and Button Show where I'll be experimenting with distressing metal with Susan Lenart Kazmer. (Yes, this is what I do when I'm not making cards - other than working. LOL!!!)

WaltzMouse_1

















 Credits time:
Stamps: Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse stamps, Accent Notes by Verve
Cardstock by Papertrey Ink (Avocado, Summer Sunrise), DSP by Cosmo Cricket (Joy Ride Mini Deck)
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Bundled Sage, Embossing Ink)
Necessities: Spellbinders (Inverted scallops), Ranger Distress Embossing Powder (Walnut Stain), Stickles (Lime Green), Prima Flower, Distress Crackle Paint (Rock Candy), Art Institute Glitter, Pop It Shapes, vintage rick rack, Zutter Distrezzer

Well, I've got to get back and help Marc clean up - we spent the afternoon taking apart an antique typewriter and I've got a lot of parts to tinker with now for my altered surface charms workshop! 

Enjoy,

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Just Gorgeous! Love the distressing and hope you were all relieved after doing it lol!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow Roberta - six years is a long time to be blogging. Congratulations. I just wanted to stop by and let you know how much I loved your challenge card for Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge. It's fantastic!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - that's a long time to be blogging! love your great design on your sketch card - that distressed embossed yellow framing just pops off the card!

B said...

Wow, congrats on 6 years!!! :) Love all the distressing -- the yellow frame totally pops off the card!

Antje said...

oh wow, 6 years is a long time - congrats!
Lovely card, the distressing add a nice touch!

anya said...

Roberta, I really love this card! I love the texture of the distressed layer and the yellow just pops off your card! So glad you could play along with our first sketch challenge!

Ruth M said...

Lovely card, that distressing is fab, great colours too!

Pauline said...

Love the bright colours, very summery. Pauline x

Unknown said...

Roberta, I love this card! everything the colours, the distressing, all of it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS! and for the kind comments!