Friday, June 25, 2010

Beryl's Workshop was so much fun

Here are some pics from Beryl's workshop at the Valley Ridge Art Studio.
Although this is a photo of the "little bits" in progress, it gives you an idea of what we covered in the workshop. I wasn't pleased with this layout or the background fabric. I now have it almost complete, so I'll post a pic when I get it finished. When I go to a workshop, I like to focus on learning and experimenting with new techniques. I'm not concerned about finishing a piece to take home. I find that I like to experiment with the techniques - make them my own. And yes, it may take me several weeks or sometimes months to finish something depending on my schedules otherwise.
Layout

Beryls_Class_6_2010

Above - Beryl in action 
Below - Me (left) and Beryl Taylor (right)
Beryl & Roberta

On the drive up to the workshop, I had to stop my car and take this photo of one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. I stayed at a lovely B&B in the area and met two wonderful ladies who were also there for Beryl's workshop. We had a lot of fun and as Beryl says she will be back next year for another workshop and the three of us plan on meeting up at the same B&B.

Muscoda_Sunset_6_2010

I am now looking forward to the upcoming "The Book" workshops that will be at Create in Chicago in August. Beryl will be the Artist Instructor. I've not taken a book workshop before - this is an altered book workshop. It should be very fun. I was lucky enough to get in as this workshop sold out quickly.

I will post in a day or two about the Susan Lenart Kazmer workshop.

Enjoy,

No comments: