Sunday, August 23, 2009

What a weekend!

Marc & I had a very enjoyable weekend. Today I'm going to work on some cards, but in the meantime, here are a couple of photos from our adventures on Friday.

I started my day down at the Lake Michigan waterfront at Discovery World in downtown Milwaukee for the Les Paul "House of Sound" exhibit and the Les Paul Memorial. At the memorial we met Les Paul's grandson and the rest of his family who were there greeting visitors to pay their respects to the "Wizard of Waukesha."
RDW-Les-is-More
Here we have moi with a prototype Gibson Les Paul guitar with what's known as the LesPaulverizer. I just love the sound of the Gibson Les Paul guitar. Check out the link for a You Tube video of Les Paul explaining what exactly a LesPaulverizer is. (Note: I apologize for the low quality of the video - if you want to see just the explanation of the LesPaulverizer, it starts at about 3:10). In the video he is being interviewed by Billy Squire. I'm guessing this was sometime in the early to mid 80's? Not sure. I've seen Billy Squire a couple of times in the late 70's and early 80's, so that's why I'm thinking that was the time period (did I admit to that?). Nowadays we hear technology like this all the time, but without pioneers like Les Paul, we wouldn't have the music we have today! I got this t-shirt several years ago when I went to Nashville, Tennessee for a conference for work. They had a Gibson guitar store next to the Gran Ole Opry and the Gibson store was the highlight for me of the trip. Seeing that I couldn't afford a guitar and nor can I play one try as I might, I got the t-shirt instead. Note: I am not a country music fan although my parents were, so I have an appreciation of classic performers like Johnny Cash. Sorry country music lovers. I like the blues enough - to have seen Stevie Ray Vaughn a couple times in concert (RIP), but country is just not my thing. When my profile says I like my music loud, I mean it - Green Day, BRMC, and of course my beloved JAMC. Is it no wonder the electric guitar is so near and dear to my heart? LOL!

Next, my evening was spent at the Milwaukee County Zoo for Zoo ala carte or what's known as "Feast with the Beasts." We got there a bit late, and although we dodged a couple of sprinkles and it was a bit cool for the end of August, we had a very good time. I got to see the bats (a favorite of mine) and the lions and tigers. As it was evening, many of the animals that usually sleep during the day were wide awake. The lions were posing, as you can see here.
Lion_Aug-21-2009
Will hopefully have some cards for you later.


Enjoy,

1 comment:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

You are very pretty and super young!!!
hugs!