Saturday, May 2, 2009

Smell the coffee

KWernerDesign.com Color Inspiration Challenge #50

Ok, it may be a bit late in the day for me for a cup of coffee (but it could be a decaf, right?) - but it was love at first sight when I saw these stamps by Impression Obsession. The perfect recipe for the 50th KWernerDesign Color Inspiration Challenge! I had fun putting this one together. My dog, Jac, sat quietly next to me while I worked on this project. He's a very patient assistant! I've had a busy (and expensive) week, as I'm now on a Flickr pro account - something I should have done long ago. So very easy to use. I ordered some more nestabilities and cannot wait for them to arrive. I also joined the Splitcoaststampers so I can learn more about this stamping addiction that I seem to share with a lot of people. This leads me back to my card - it is based on an SCC card sketch, number 137 to be exact. I had found this beautiful glitter paper (DCWV Kitchen Coffee Strips), and used this on this card (to which I added Turquoise Stickle centers) as the turquoise along with the Copic marker colored coffee cups. A little bit of Distress Stickles & Crystal Stickles add to the aroma wafts coming from the coffee (sorry, they are not dry yet in the photo - I had to get the pic before the sun goes down & get this posted for the deadline). Have I mentioned I love distressing paper so much now? Just a touch on this card. I hope you like it. Please leave a comment if you do!

The countdown is on to my blogoversary giveaway! Details to come within the next week or so. I am gathering up some goodies to give to at least one lucky blog reader on the day of my blogoversary... so come back to visit soon.

Enjoy,
-Roberta

Credits time:
SCC Sketch #137, Stamps: Impression Obsession "Smell the Coffee," Ink: Vivid brown, Card stock: Stampin' Up - Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron; Ranger Distress Stickles in Vintage Photo, Ranger Stickles in Crystal & Turquoise; Copic Sketch Markers: BG15 & Blender;
Essentials: Tombow Mono Adhesive, Score-it, Making Memories Paper Cutter

2 comments:

Coraline said...

Wonderful job on the challenge!

Good luck on the picks ;)

quiltedcavalier said...

Thank you, Coraline! Love your entry too.