
Now that Spring is officially here, Summer is not far behind. Memorial Day is right around the corner for us - it seems early this year being that it will be on May 25th. I so need a day off of work. I have no plans for that weekend yet, but this weekend is of course Mother's Day, so Marc's Mom is coming for dinner. If the weather permits, we will grill & eat outside. We grilled the other day, but have not eaten out on the patio yet this year. The following weekend is the Morel Mushroom Festival in Muscoda. We hope to go out there to check it out. We've not been to that before, but as we love Morels, we want to go and see what their festival is like. This tiny town calls itself the Morel Mushroom capital of the world. How cool is that? LOL! No, seriously, if you've never tried a morel mushroom, you do not know what you're missing - they are absolutely delicious! I used to forage for them in the woods with my Father when I was young in the spring time. They are hard to find, but worth the time to look for them. They sell them in Muscoda, so we do not have to tromp through the woods looking for them. They can be expensive, so we will see what they cost there. I've been told by a gentleman that I work with who's familiar with the morel hunting & the fesitval that the weather we've been having is ideal for the mushrooms, so we should have a good crop this year. Wonderful! I will keep you posted and I'll post photos too (as long as I remember to bring the camera - my memory's been haywire lately). I just love the daffodils in bloom right now. They are so beautiful. I have planted more and more of them these past few years after I first planted tulips when we moved here several years ago only to find that the deer just love to munch the tulips to the ground. They don't touch the daffodils. We have so many deer here, it's crazy, since I live in the city.
Enjoy,
-Roberta



No comments:
Post a Comment