Friday, May 15, 2009

April Showers Bring May Morels!

Spring_Morel

For anyone familiar with the taste of morel mushrooms, it doesn't get any better than this - we found three morel mushrooms growing in our very own yard this last weekend! We had them for dinner on Tuesday. Yummy! We love them so much, that tomorrow we are driving out to Muscoda, Wisconsin which proclaims itself the "Morel Mushroom Capital of the World" for their weekend Morel Festival. It is our first time there for this event and we cannot wait to experience it. Of course, between that and the first major flea market of the season on Sunday leaves me with very little art studio time this weekend.

My blog redesign will be taking place within the next few weeks, so watch for that. I cannot wait! I've been experimenting with my new Quickutz Revolution (which I absolutely love, by the way). Unfortunately, Quickutz has announced (this week) that they are discontinuing the Revolution and coming out with a new die cut machine called the Epic. Good grief. Don't worry, Cuttlebug fans, I still love my Bug, but find that the Revolution works a little easier on some dies than the Bug, but that just means that they complement each other well. I really love the magnetic plate on the Revolution and the machine works really smoothly. The buzz on the chats is about a new 12" die machine, but I don't feel the need for that as I don't do scrapbooking besides digital, and I try to limit the size to 6x6 or 8x8. 12x12 is just too huge for my storage abilities. I am still selling my Spellbinders machine (see info below), so if anyone is interested, let me know. My next step is listing it on eBay. There are so many people that swear by their Spellbinder machine. I did not like it, but that's me. This arts and crafts thing is very personal!

Enjoy,
-Roberta

No comments: