Friday, February 20, 2009

still here

I wanted to let you know that I am still here, plugging away at all of this... I am sure you are hearing something about the mortgage bailout plan in the news. At least I hope you are! If you don't think it affects you, IT DOES! It hits you right in the pocket book! Anyway, as this is what I do for a living (sell mortgages) and this is issue heating up quickly, I have been exceedingly busy at work. So, if I'm away for a bit, it's not that I'm ignoring you, but that I'm drawn away on mortgage business. If any of you have questions related to this whole mess, I can try to answer them, by the way. The institution that I work for (a bank) DID NOT participate in any of the mortgage activity that is at the center of the crisis. As a community bank (and like many community banks around the country) we stood our ground to protect consumers from mortgages which we knew would result in possible foreclosure situations. So, when you read/hear all this news coming out and wonder who you can trust, contact your local community bank and ask them about their participation in Sub Prime Lending in the past few years. If they can assure you they did not participate in such lending, then they are a responsible lender to the community.

1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hey Roberta. I am so slow in getting around to comment. Please forgive me.

Loved the valentine board book pages. Hun, you are not alone with the funeral thang. And I'm married to one who will be 15 min early to his. Sigh.

As for this bailout and myseterious crisis and that recent spendulous bill that passed and PinnochiObama is just lying his nose off about .... if they end up trying to take away our Social Security because of this, well, I'm loaded and cocked, not a threat, just a promise. And I am dead serious. This is all crap. I was ready for post-partisan, not uber-hyper-partisan. And I'm sick and tired of it.