I love art. Art of all kinds. That is part of my problem - staying focused, that is. Oh well, I like to think it is just the sign of a creative mind! What's new with me is that I've been in the mood for making cards. Not a bad thing after all. In the theme of (trying to) stay focused, I made a list of cards I need to make up ahead of time like the usual holidays and I'll be working on them the next couple of weeks. My aunts love getting cards from me, but last year I had so little time to make up cards either on the fly or ahead of time that they got very few. Yes, they like it when I call them, but they like it even better when I call them AND I send them a card for holidays a little occasions. It makes their day. I guess I understand that. So this year I'm trying to do the right thing and besides, I really do enjoy making the cards. Lately I've been into Stampin' Up "stuff" their papers and colors are so beautiful. To my journaling and mixed media bloggers out there - never fear! I am still dabbling in those media as well. The cards have lured me away only temporarily. I've got art quilt and polymer clay projects on the back burner that need to come forward too.
Today I made this card for my friend Sheri's little boy, Eddie, who just turned one. She's a scrapper, and frankly, it's because of her that I got into rubber stamping and card making in the first place (thanks, Sheri!). One day, about three years ago now, she and I stopped in at lunchtime at a local rubber stamp shop on our lunch (we used to work together). That fueled the passion that is now rubber stamping. Before that I had just been into art quilting and polymer clay, as if that wasn't enough! She's also the one who got me hooked on Stampin' Up when she invited me to a Stampin' Up party last year.
Least I forget, I finally ordered and received Susan Lenart Kazmer's book "Making Connections, A Handbook of Cold Joins for Jeweler's and Mixed-Media Artists" and I am so wowed by this book! All of my life I have collected little bits of things and cast off objects and in this book it's like she opens up a whole new world of what to do with all of this STUFF! OMG!!! I am so excited about it. I have signed up for her Resin class at the Bead and Button Show in June here in Milwaukee, but now I'm thinking I might take her three day workshop in which she gets into the techniques covered in her book. I am a bit afraid that it will be over my head, but in actuality, I already have quite of few of the class supplies and the class is open to students of all levels... I just might go for it! Jump right in with both feet and venture into the world of metal. How cool is that?
Take care and peace to you all!
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Gorgeous card, love the colors. I had to chuckle about your abundance of varietal interests...what the heck is it about this time of year, anyway? Me thinks it is craft-cabin fever. So just leave a nice sidebar link to your journals if you will be away from them for awhile. That way I won't forget how we met or why???? winkwink
xoxo,
Aimeslee
P.S. - I just received a certain Stampington magazine the other day and saw the entire class we took in it. I wasn't pleased, since the mag cost only $15 bucks. I feel played...sigh.
Post a Comment