I am back from my business trip to Chicago and the doggies sure are happy to have me home! I was sure glad to have the app FaceTime on my iPhone while i was away. DF and I where able to not only hear each other as in a normal phone call, but we could see one another too. Plus I could see the doggies and how confused they were that I was not there, but they could hear me via the speaker! even our cat was confused by my voice - that's how good the voice quality is on the speaker.
The cons were that there was a bit of confusion - I FaceTimed DF on my iPhone, but he wasn't answering. I texted him to alert him to my FT attempt and come to find out, it was reaching his iPod touch that we had set up for FT - he hadn't set up the iPhone. Once we got that worked out we were able to connect. So keep that in mind if you have multiple Apple toys, you will have multiple ways to connect. A good thing in fact, but it can be confusing.
Another con is connection speed. You have to have wifi connectivity to use FaceTime and while our wifi at home is good, the hotel's free wifi was snails paced at best- which left us with a choppy video connection - which actually became joke for us - making fun of how comical the video was!
I definitely recommend FaceTime - if you haven't tried it yet and you have loved ones away - give it a try. You'll never go back to a regular call again.
Enjoy,



No comments:
Post a Comment