Monday, September 6, 2010

Brand new to me

Don't you just love it when you find something that is a cast off, and it's something you've been searching for?
That's the case with my (new to me) Antique rubberstamp carousel which I found this weekend at a flea market. I've started accumulating the Inkessential Stampers that I use with Ranger's Distress Inks. No, I don't need one for each color ink, but it is nice to have several in various color families. I will also use this to hold the Tim Holtz Stampers for alcohol inks, which I use frequently.  Here is the before:

rubberstamp_holder1

And here is the after (along with the view outside of my studio window):

rubberstamp_holder2

I have a few more cool flea market / antique store finds moving into my studio. I've been having a blast with my cans of spray paint. ;-) Why is it that organization of all this stuff is one of the most difficult part of crafting/artwork? After all, if its not organized, then you cannot find it when you need it! One of the complaints is that organization is so time consuming at times, but it really shouldn't be so.

If you're in the U.S. - I hope you have a great Labor Day holiday! It seems that summer is making an early departure for us in the Midwest part of the country.

Enjoy,

No comments: