I hope Santa was good to everyone. We experienced the usual family calamities here, but survived nonetheless. The doggies were very happy with the presents that Santa left in their stocking and Bean was not distressed by the mouse in her stocking although it doesn't seem to amuse her too much. Marc surprised me by getting me a trinket... he needs clothing so the after Christmas sale at LL Bean suits him more from me. He is so difficult to buy for! The weather here has been unpredictable - it was the wettest Christmas on record with well over an inch of rain in most places yesterday, followed today by 20's and lake effect snow of a couple inches. I miss Florida! We were in Walt Disney World until about a week ago. They had near record temperatures of mid to upper 80's while we were there. It will be quite awhile before we see those temperatures again.
In the meantime, the beading bug has bitten me as I've received the Bead & Button Show catalog. There are too many choices for classes. I know I'll be taking at least a couple. Susan Lenart Kazmer is coming back, so I've got to take at least one of her workshops, but which one? I can't afford them all! Why can't I be independently wealthy??? Oh well... Money doesn't buy happiness, but it does pay for things like workshops. I'll find a way to take the one's I need to take. I've gotten out the beads and am working on some jewelry again, so I'll work on getting some pics up for your amusement soon. My studio is a disaster zone right now, so my New Year's resolution is to get that cleaned up and usable for the New Year.
I hope the coming year finds you happy, healthy and if it's what you need, a bit more financially stable in this difficult economy.



No comments:
Post a Comment