You might guess from my blog name of quilted cavalier that I have an interest in quilting. For sure I was quilting crazed several years back... However I grew bored with it as I'm not a cutesy quilter. The art quilt movement is what drew me to mixed media. But with my recent interest in Zakka craft I found out about a whole new movement in quilting called Modern Quilting. One of the basis of this movement is improvising - something I've always done when quilting. I cannot follow a pattern - I have to make everything my own. Here are a few relevant blogs that capture the modern quilting spirit beautifully.
Elizabeth Hartman
Jacquie Gering
Katie Pedersen
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Monday, June 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love homemade quilts! I'd never have the patience to make one, though. Ha!
Post a Comment