Ok I'll be the first to admit that I hated gym class in high school. Actually, hated is too mild of a word: despised is more like it. So the fact that I joined a health club last fall is a bit of a surprise to me. Ok, as I've gotten older (more mature?) I've come across a few things I didn't expect. Weight gain & loss of flexibility. Weight gain I get. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few years ago. I had hoped that the medication I take for that would be a silver bullet to take care of those pesky extra pounds: NOT SO! And the loss of flexibility is aggravating to say the least. Just bending down to pick something up hurts! REALLY? You've got to be kidding me. As a kid I would watch tv laying upside down in the chair - I was the queen of flexibility. I refuse to roll over & just take this! I will be a size 8/10 again! I will not fear picking something off the floor will throw out my back! So yes, I joined "the club" and yes, I've been taking a few classes such as gentle yoga (gosh I used to love yoga, now it's so hard if not impossible to get my bod in those positions) and water aerobics (luv my h2o class). I've always loved swimming which is why I joined the club that I did. They don't use chlorine in their pools, they are salt water pools. I like it much better. I have set up an appointment with a personal trainer to get started on a personalized program to get in shape. I don't think I'm that far from my goal, if I can loose 20 lbs by fall I'll be very pleased. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Wish me luck!
PS - can you tell that I'm really luv'n my blogpress app? It makes it so easy to blog wherever I go.
- Enjoy!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment