Saturday, November 1, 2008

WELCOME TO DIA DE BLOGLANDIA!






this is my first time celebrating the day of the dead... some how it feels right to honor those who have passed before us. this is for my Mother & Father, both of whom have been gone for many years. i miss them so much and i know they would love my little creations - even those in coffins! 

22 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh I love this idea. Great work. Thanks for sharing and remembering those who have left before us.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

they are watching us and taking care of you big time, see! now they are somehow making you to celebrate them here in bloglandia day! yay!!!!
hugs honey! let's have some tequila, salud!!!
muau!
p.s. i love playing with bottlecaps too!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they would love this, the little milagro heart on the front is so beautiful!

Thank you so much for being part of Dia de Bloglandia!

x..x
steph

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Oh I looooove the little tin piece on the top of the casket -- lovely... and then the colorful delight inside! Thanks for visiting my celebration, too. Wanted to let you know I get all my sugar skull making materials from:

www.mexicansugarskull.com

She sells the molds and you can easily press them yourself. I press medium, mini, and Frida molds every year. That's what you saw in my post.

Lots of miracles to you and welcome to Dia de los Muertos!
k-

Anonymous said...

He is wonderful! I imagine your parents took great joy in your creativity. :)

Anonymous said...

oooohhhh i love your beautiful creation!!! your little skeleton looks so peaceful, and i love your little coffin!!! great work!!! thank you so much for sharing!!!

Gill said...

Amazing artwork.
It is my first year celebrating too, and it won't be my last. I just loved this way to remember our loved ones passed.
xoxo

Viki said...

Love your little coffin.

my DH's grandfather was a coffin salesman.
In his later years he used to size people up and make comments.

I bought a little coffin to decorate this year...and didn't finish..maybe next year.

Anonymous said...

I am with you...this is also my first time of celebrating the Day of the Dead...it won't be my last.
I am sure your Mother and Father would love your creations.

julietk said...

Thankyou for joining in : ) Juliet

Leau said...

Great coffin...not two words that are often used together! Thanks for sharing.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

It is a great way to remember those we've lost, isn't it? I love what you did. This is my first time too and I am thirlled that so many participated and meeting people like you!

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOVE your work!! What a great celebration of life.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I love your work and I know your parents think it's fabulous too. they stay with us, I know they do. This is my first year doing this and I will continue this tradition from now on. It has been a very cathartic journey.

3rdEyeMuse said...

I love your little coffin offering!

Happy Dia de los Muertos!

Elizabeth said...

I'm sure they would love them and be pleased you remember.

Anonymous said...

Totally charming! What a nice tribute to your parents.

me2 said...

Dare I say...he is cute?!? I am so glad that you made him, and shared him with us!

Debbie Doughty said...

He's perfect!

'A Tuscan view.....from Umbria' said...

I love this little guy, he looks so peaceful in his lovely coffin. The flaming heart decoration is beautiful. What a wonderful offering. best wishes amanda

Christine said...

He is such a dashing skeleton! I love the images I'm seeing here and elsewhere..all loving reminders about life and death and the love he have for those who have passed on.

Laume said...

Am I fashionably late enough for the party!? I love your little coffin man. I particularly like how the simplicity of the outside hides the wild colors and stripes inside, like a little secret.